Come and join us to help raise funds for The Laura Centre in your area, or use the event to raise funds for your school, PTA, or a cause close to your heart.
• Start your fundraising early...the more time, the more funds.
• Raise and collect your donations through on-line and e-services. Set your page up explaining your motivation and target and off you go. They collect your money, apply the Gift Aid (T & C's apply) with no additional collection hassle for you.
• Shout about your event through Facebook and Twitter linking your on-line collection service. Remember that people are more generous following a payday so time your requests well!
• Put some perspective on your request e.g. A £10 pledge means missing a takeaway meal.
• Don't forget to ask for Gift Aid*. The government allows charities to claim back tax on donations. This tax relief is called Gift Aid and it is great because it means charities get extra money added to donations at no extra cost to the donor. For every £1 donated the charity currently receives £1.25 when Gift Aid is added.
• Join a GPS running system for your phone so, during your colour crazy run, your friends can see where you are via Facebook, cheering and donating as you go.*Gift Aid can only be claimed against donations made by UK tax payers.